Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Hilary Davidson Challenge


The always crafty Steve Weddle is throwing down with another flash fiction challenge. Here's what the red headed stranger of crime fiction had to say:

Not long ago I had the chance to chat up Hilary Davidson about her debut, THE DAMAGE DONE. This is one of my favorite books this year -- taut, determined, and so confident. The podcast is here.

My copy of THE DAMAGE DONE is signed by Ms Davidson herself. I don't have it in front of me, but I seem to remember it says something like, "Hey, you're not as big a jerk as everyone says, Hilary."

Jealous? Don't be. You, too, can have a SIGNED copy of THE DAMAGE DONE. Ms Davidson has graciously agreed to sign a copy for me to give away.

So, here's the deal:

Flash fiction. 500-ish words.

As Ms Davidson bleeds Canadian red and keeping in mind the book's title, the story must include something -- lyric, title, wardrobe choice -- to do with Neil Young.

And that's not all. Because I'm a sadist, the story must also include something to do with the shadowy ghost in the book, Ms Ava Gardner.

Post your story link here by November 3 (Wednesday) and Ms Davidson will have a chance to sign and personalize your very own special copy at NoirCon.

Recap: 500 words. Post a link here. Neil Young AND Ava Gardner. Yeah, that does sound tough. Maybe I am as big a jerk as they say.

Good luck and get moving. Rust never sleeps.


Make sure to post your stories right HERE at Channel Noir

1 comment: