Saturday, November 20, 2010

#amwriting


For those of you who aren't familiar with the Twitter and this little
#
hash tag thingy, it's typically meant to cause a particular subject to trend such as:

#followfriday
#fridayreads (my favorite, never miss it)
#pubtip
and
#amwriting

And as you can probably guess, that's exactly what I've been doing for the past week

#amwriting

For some reason or other, I've got erstwhile editors asking for re-writes, so I've been re-writing

#amrewriting

Plus, I'm charging hard on the completion of something I've been working on the past couple of months and I've decided the month of November is the month that I'll be finishing the first draft and December will be the month I clean it up. No, I'm not participating in

#NaNoWriMo (which I actually think is kind of lame, because every month should be write a novel month.)

this is just how my writing schedule has worked out is all.

So the point of this little post is to let you know that I

#amwriting

and not being

#aslacker

And I have a fair amount of material lined up for the next couple of weeks. But in the meantime, I just want to let you know that Cam and Liam are slapping together Kung Fu Factory and issue #6.

BTW, have you read issue #5 of Crimefactory? What, you haven't? Then getting going right HERE and get some reading done ASAP!

Alrighty, time to get back doing the

#amwriting

thing

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Keith. Especially as I've learned through our favorite social networks that you're juggling work, family & life while trying to write and edit various projects. It's a challenge for sure. But you do it because you have no other choice is my guess. You love this shit.

    A little off topic. I'm definitely guilty of talking about #writing on twitter...but I'm starting to loathe so many tweets from #writers about their #wip. Honestly if Michael Connelly or James Ellroy was on twitter documenting every mind fart while they wrote I'd shoot myself.

    There is nothing interesting about "the process" no matter who you rare and I sure as hell don't care what your word count is...or what you're researching...or the killer turn of phrase you just wrote...or the coffee you need so you can commence the #amwriting process. Writing is a fucking tedious bore.

    Is there anything more mindless than a goddamn word count? Yeah, you can discern if you're in short story, novella or novel territory but who cares? But these pronouncements from #writers like: "Just hit 16742.785 words! #ammastrubatingnow" is really sad.

    And here's my favorite: "I just freaked myself out!"

    But we ask: is the writing any good? And that is the mirage we're all chasing, huh?

    Wow. Sorry for making a blog post in your comments section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter- #am extremely amused by your comments and its just as bad with all the mindless Facebook status' especially when it regards what they are eating.

    ReplyDelete