Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Memo from the Management--The Best of Whatever


So the hemorrhaging asshole year of 2010 is about to come to a close (Yeah, it might not have been all that bad for you, but for this publisher/editor, I'm ready to put 2010 to bed. Seriously, what should have been one of the best years of my life turned out to be one gigantic drunken flop shit....but I'll drop it. By the way, sorry to rant.) and like most crime fiction/book websites, the gang at Crimefactory have decided to do a group best of list. (For those of you who haven't responded to my e-mail/Facebook message, I will be stalking you shortly.) I know, know, not the most original thinking on the planet, but people love these things and to be honest with you, I kind of like reading them, too. Because, maybe, just maybe, I'll find a book I haven't read, or a movie I haven't seen, etc....

But the major problem I have with these kind of lists is that they start to get repetitive, so what I asked of our contributors is to put together lists of the best of what they read and watched this year. Not just 2010 releases, but whatever was new to them. Also, I didn't limit folks to crime fiction/film/comics, I left the door wide open, because sometimes the best of whatever falls outside of genre boundaries.

Now, before we get started with this thing, I've gotten a lot of responses back so far, so I'll be posting a couple (sometimes three depending on volume) of these every evening through out the end of the year.
Also, with my top ten, I'm going to be doing my best of picks as individual reviews as opposed to one great big list.
Why am I doing it this way?
Well, because I can.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

PS
If you want to contribute a best of list, leave a comment and I'll drop you a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment